Friday, July 4, 2008

Target Dress

I was hesitant to post this dress when I first bought it because even though I liked it immediately, I wasn't sure how exactly I wanted to wear it. The above look with just the dress and black heels definitely wasn't right...I wanted a more casual/relaxed look to match the lightweight fabric. I was finally able to wear it today to a Fourth of July party to RAVE reviews! I paired it with the yellow Ann Taylor Loft cardigan mentioned a few posts back ("Cardigan Search") and it was a great combo - the bright yellow gave a little "life" to this understated grey color. And, of course, paired with my most fav gold gladiator sandals (also a Target find - See "Gladiator Sandal" post), it was a total hit. Lots of compliments. The whole outfit cost about $80! If you do like the dress and want to order it, just know that it runs really big so go a size down from what you normally wear. Another plus - very flattering cut for a post-baby body...or anyone struggling with an unruly midsection!

No comments: