Saturday, July 26, 2008

Style Envy: Kate Bosworth






It feels like Kate Bosworth sort of just blossomed into a fashion fixture overnight. Even her Sunday-morning-walkin'-the-dog outfits are now scrutinized and dissected for the masses. What I like about her style is her incredible simplicity and her consistently streamlined silhouette. There's never any "fuss" to her.

Here are some of my favorite looks, though I have to admit I almost excluded a few that were clearly taken during her "scary skinny" phase....I had almost forgotten how bad things got for a while there...but the outfit could not be ignored!

Fun details can breath new life into the LBD! And, her black-on-black ensembles always look edgy, not scary.


Conversely, she does sweet white and lace well, too. I have to admit the headpiece worn with the flapper-inspired dress wasn't something I originally liked on Kate (and she's worn this more than once!), but I'm slowly coming around to it.


These are some of my favorite looks from Kate - I love a great black/white combo and she knows how to work this look without ever being mistaken for wait staff.





Here are some more colorful ensembles. ..always youthful and never over-the-top.



Prints are worn pretty sparingly. These are the types of prints I can actually admire because the colors are usually muted and sophisticated.


A girl after my own heart! I love stripes!


Girlish details (a ruffled neckline, a statement necklace) are smart and always balanced by simple hair and makeup.

No comments: