Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Reptile Foot Fetish



One of my favorite fashion secrets is the versatility of a reptile-print shoe. The trick is that even though they're exotic and rich-looking, they are essentially "neutral" and thus can be worn with everything. Plus, we all know that when outfits are too "matchy" they look outdated and predictable. This is such an easy way to add a little chic-ness to any outfit that needs a "little something" and even to those that don't.

I've learned this lesson by enjoying three joyous years with the perfect pair of Nine West reptile print peep-toe heels that I happened upon at TJ Maxx. By now, these shoes have complemented nearly everything in my closet and have been resoled 3 times as a result. But, I'm starting to accept that it's time to say goodbye - a shoe can only take so much - and I'm on the market for a replacement pair. Here's my progress so far - feel free to weigh in on your favorites....and, no, the above Christian Louboutins are not an option, unfortunately.

These may as well be free they are so cheap. These are really cute and great for summer.



These are really fun. I love the side cutouts and platform bottom and even though the colors are a little wild, they'll still work as a neutral.



Forever 21 Mystic Patent Pump - $27.80
I'm sort of on the fence about these, but for some reason I keep going back to them. They just seem very cool to me and versatile for the winter wardrobe, too, which I struggle with.



Rampage Maria - $50
A classic pointy-toe dress pump - the most wearable of all for sure. A great investment.





Another great investment - the super metallic finish will make these even easier to wear.





BCBGirls Fairy - $98

I know, these are a little on the pricey side, but I couldn't resist - they are my favorites!! I thought they were just really unique and super stylish.

No comments: