Friday, July 18, 2008

Ikat Attack


I'll be honest, this ikat print trend has taken me a while to warm up to. At first, I wasn't even sure what "ikat" meant, much less how it was pronounced. (It's ē-ˌkät, by the way.) But since then, it's really grown on me. As long as it's worn in a very unstudied, casual way (a la Rachel Bilson above) you can really pull off a great "boho luxe" look, but I'm less thrilled with the louder and more "dressy" interpretation below on Katherine Heigel. It just feels a little too cartoonish for my tastes.






Nonetheless, here are a few great deals on ikat pieces, ranging from the "subtle touch" to the full-on ikat commitment, depending on your tolerance for prints. You decide!




Urban Outfitters Ikat Big Square Scarf $20




















ASOS Ikat Dress was $60.56 NOW $38.93

No comments: