Thursday, July 31, 2008

Macho Watches


For most of my adult life I've been on the search for the perfect watch. Among other things, it must be oversized, chunky, and sporty...but not so-sporty that it has multiple "bells and whistles" I'll never touch nor understand. From the first moment I spotted Chanel's J12 Collection of watches, I've been pretty much consumed with the idea of having one casually hanging from my wrist one day. That "day" is still just a dream at this point so I must continue my search for the affordable, normal-person version.

At one time, you almost had to exclusively shop the men's watches because women's weren't nearly as cool - they were just too...girly, of course. Now, however, I'm noticing that watches are more and more being dubbed as "unisex" and this has been good news in my search.


Toy Watch has been an excellent score in the men's-watches-for-women trend. These watches are very cool, sporty and relatively inexpensive due to the fact that they are, despite appearances, plastic! The above are from the Sport Chrono Collection, which is graphic and vivid and comes in lots of facing colors including hot pink, white and purple in addition to these. $250




These 2 lookers are from the Toy Watch Oversize Collection. The black has a nylon band and the steel is acrylic hence the relatively affordable price tag of $195.


These classics from Timex are also really close to what I have in mind. The stainless steal version is the Women's Sport Luxury 3 Hand for $100 and the second is essentially the same watch but with a white leather band and face for only $80.



These are from Kenneth Cole and I daresay this white Old School watch is my favorite! There's just something really fun about it and it's only $95. The other is called Time Will Only Tell and even though it's big and chunky, it's also pretty refined. Would be a great work wardrobe staple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These watches are very cute, sporty and relatively inexpensive.