Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweater Dresses - An Ode to Banana Republic



Unless you've been living under a magazine-deprived rock, you've probably noticed the major push Banana Republic has put behind their 30 year anniversary celebration. I, myself, have a special place in my heart for BR- it was the first "grown up" place I was able to shop where I didn't feel like a kid. I got my first suit there and it's where a sales associate many years ago opened my eyes to the possibility (and necessity) of a good alteration....The best part is that it's always been consistent - in a pinch you can always find something at "The Banana" (thank you, Jack McFarland!) and it won't be so overly expensive as to result in serious buyers' remorse.

All nostalgia aside, my current obsession with finding the perfect sweater dress for fall took me to the Banana Republic site where I found not one, not two, but FOUR really cute versions. See? This is what I love about The Banana.....


Striped Sweater Dress - $98.00
I love this dress, but I'm under no illusions that I can pull off all these horizontal stripes, but I really hope someone reading will buy this dress!



Shawl-collar belted sweater dress - $130
This is probably my favorite because the layering possibilities are endless! Love the cap sleeves and shawl collar - definitely looks more expensive than $130. Also, comes in black and teal but I'm sold on the grey.



Button Dress Sweater - $120
This is a little too 70's housewife for me, but apparently all things mod are back for fall. I do like the little details though - the buttons, the shoulder epaulets, etc...



Long-Sleeve Belted Sweater Dress - $120
Also a very good option...Classic crew neck and long sleeves make this just a really solid go-to option on days when you can't pull it together. You can't tell in this picture, but the color is a nice dark purple - something different and fun.



No comments: