Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fall Suit Inspiration


It's not often that this happens, but I've been totally inspired by a magazine editorial! Found in the August issue of Vogue. "Equal Opportunity" takes a fresh (and wearable!) approach to the masculine + feminine balance. It's the classic work wardrobe dilemma - you need at least a few good work suits for special meetings and job interviews and such, but it's hard to feel especially fashionable or current in them.

I think each seen here is impeccably styled. Most even manage to incorporate some Fall trends and still seem office appropriate. The first 2 up top - really love the super ruffly, violet top bursting through a tailored jacket....and the belted mint green vest is just perfect. (I am really crazy about LOTS of long sleeves under sleeveless outwear for Fall, but that's for another post...)


Personally, I'm delighted to see that the "statement necklace" is sticking around for Fall. Obviously, the necklace on the right is making a very bold statement indeed, but the point is well-taken - I just love the idea of wearing something dramatic over a classic button down...all the better if the button down is silk! And, more purple!

How chic are these 3-tone Marc Jacobs palazzo pants? I think very. And, the understated top pairs it down and softens it up at the same time. This is my silhouette inspiration for fall!

I'll start working on cheaper versions and let you know what I come up with soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like these, too. But the pallazzo pants would not work on everyone.