Thursday, September 18, 2008

People's Best Dressed List



People
Magazine's annual Best & Worst Dressed List hits news stands tomorrow so let's discuss...

First, you have the "obvious and obligatory" - Kate Hudson, Gwyneth, Charlize and SJP. There's not doubt that these ladies have exceptional style every year, but they've certainly all graced their fair share of Best Dressed Lists already...



Two that were probably expected but I was still delighted to see - Anne Hathaway & Eva Mendes. Anne has been such a force on the red carpet in the last year and it doesn't hurt certainly that she still manages to looks so incredible amidst all her personal turmoil. And, is Eva Mendes just the ultimate bombshell or what? After just seeing The Women over the weekend, I'm confident that she would look good in a trash bag, but nonetheless she does have a lovely and feminine style that I like.



Also included on the list: Rihanna whose style I find to be a little one-trick-ponyish, frankly...Fergie, who I think is cute enough and all but best dressed?....followed by Heidi Klum who I think looks better with no make-up at the park with her kids than she does on the red carpet. ...And, lastly, Michelle Obama, whose style we can expect to hear about endlessly over the next month, whether it's particularly interesting or not.


In my opinion, there were a few ladies who were woefully overlooked - Rachel Bilson, Leighton Meester, Blake Lively, Carla Bruni, Nicole Richie, Julianne Moore, Selma Blair, Diane Kruger, Bee Schaffer, etc...and I'm sure I'm missing many more! Feel free to comment on who you think should have been included.

And, of course, I'll be interested to see who made the worst dressed list as well...I've heard that we can expect to see the missteps of Paula Abdul, Lucy Liu and poor Patricia Arquette who has never met a Worst Dressed List she didn't already know....

No comments: